Welcome

Musings of an Obsessed Jeweler and Former Mermaid

Monday, May 23, 2011

Finding Our Own Way

I was reading a little post in ART Jewelry Magazine Vol. 7 Issue 4 by Jeremy Dunn. He was struggling with a project,it was just not coming out the way he wanted. He went home and went to sleep disappointed with his work that day. Dunn woke up the next day with a new perspective on the piece and was able to finish it. How many times has that happened to you? I know with myself, I have at least 3 or 4 pieces going at one time. I like to create, then sit with the piece for a few days. This is a process I go through fairly often to develop new eyes. I seem to get a clearer prospective of my work when I don't see it for a day. Some people need to finish from start to finish without breaks, to each his own. As a jewelry designer and instructor I show and teach my students a specific technique but always follow up with letting them know that is only one way, they may find over time they develop their own process to create.I love to see students and former students who find a passion along with a new or different way to make a beautiful piece. That is the beauty of life, everyone has their own way of doing things and looking at life in another fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment