Welcome

Musings of an Obsessed Jeweler and Former Mermaid

Monday, May 9, 2011

Rise of precious metal prices

How crazy is the rise and fall of silver and gold prices?!
Six months ago, I was paying $17. for an ounce of silver. Now I pay $45.!!
What fuels the rise? I don't know and I think not many people do.
I have tried not to increase my prices, but I had to just by a dollar or two on some pieces. I hope silver prices will come down, which would mean my prices will come down too. I am happy myself and my customers like the look of alternative metals, like copper and brass. I LOVE the look of mixed metals. Silver with copper and a touch of brass. Keeps costs down, but still looks ROCKIN! I try to keep up with
my customers likes, so if there is anything you can think up, but don't see on my site, let me know and I can try to bring your idea into reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment